Repair Steam Sterilization Plant, Fort Detrick, Maryland
|Agency:||DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Dec 3, 2019|
|Due Date:||Dec 10, 2019|
- Contract Opportunity Type: Sources Sought (Updated)
- All Dates/Times are: (UTC-05:00) EASTERN STANDARD TIME, NEW YORK, USA
- Updated Published Date: Dec 02, 2019 01:45 pm EST
- Original Published Date: Nov 04, 2019 03:07 pm EST
- Updated Response Date: Dec 10, 2019 12:00 pm EST
- Original Response Date: Dec 03, 2019 12:00 pm EST
- Inactive Policy: Manual
- Updated Inactive Date: Jun 30, 2020
- Original Inactive Date:
- Original Set Aside:
- Product Service Code: Z1NZ - MAINTENANCE OF OTHER UTILITIES
- NAICS Code: 236210 - Industrial Building Construction
Place of Performance:
Fort Detrick Frederick , MDUSA
THIS IS A SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL. THERE WILL NOT BE A SOLICITATION, SPECIFICATIONS, OR DRAWINGS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Baltimore District, requests letters of interest from qualified industry partners interested in performing work on the potential construction of a STEAM STERILIZATION PLANT (SSP) SYSTEM PROJECT on an existing facility on Fort Detrick, Frederick, Maryland,
By way of this Market Survey/Sources Sought Notice, the USACE - Baltimore District intends to determine the extent of capable firms that are engaged in providing the services described hereunder. The responses to this Notice will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. Therefore, the type of set-aside decision to be issued will depend upon the capabilities of the responses to this notice.
Responses to this Notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the U.S. Government to form a binding contract. It is the responsibility of the interested parties to monitor this site for additional information pertaining to this Notice.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Baltimore District (NAB), has been tasked to solicit for and award construction services for the Steam Sterilization Plant (SSP) System in an existing facility on Fort Detrick, in Frederick, Maryland. The proposed project is of great significance for national defense and will be a competitive, firm-fixed-price, design-build contract procured in accordance with FAR Part 15, Contracting by Negotiations, under a Best-Value Trade-off Process.
The primary purpose of this project is to gain knowledge and interest from industry to provide an Effluent Decontamination System (EDS) to thermally process the effluent waste from an existing Biosafety Lab-3 and -4 level laboratory for a Government agency on Fort Detrick. The scope of this project will replace the current batch flow EDS system and enable full operational certification of this new laboratory. The EDS will be a pre-manufactured unit of components and controls that tie into the existing laboratory infrastructure systems and controls server for automated monitoring. The system will have redundancy of critical equipment to eliminate any future downtime of a multi-story facility. Additional scope items include walled containment areas, utility connections, coordination with a Fort Detrick Central Utility Plant, building exterior egress points, and subsurface modifications affecting the existing foundation and concrete slab based on final equipment arrangement.
The goal of this requirement is to design and install a thermal continuous flow effluent decontamination system.
The purpose of this notice is to gain knowledge of interest, capabilities and qualifications of various members of industry, to include the Small Business Community: Small Business (SB), Section 8(a), Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone), Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), and Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB). The Government must ensure there is adequate competition within any given socioeconomic category of responsible contractors. Large businesses are not prohibited from submitting a response to this notice; however, SB, Section 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, and WOSB businesses are highly encouraged to participate.
In accordance with DFARS 236.204 - Disclosure of the Magnitude of Construction Projects, the magnitude of this project is between $25,000,000 and $100,000,000.
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code for this procurement is 236210 which has a small business size standard of $39,500,000. Prior Government contract work is not required for submitting a response to this sources sought notice.
Responders should address ALL of the following in their submittal.
1. Firm's name, address, point of contact, phone number, email address, CAGE code and DUNS number.
2. Indicate if your company is currently registered with the Systems for Award Management (SAM) database. If not, indicate if it has been registered or does it plan to register.
3. In consideration of NAICS code 236210, with a small business size standard in dollar of $39.5M, indicate which of the following small business categories your business is classified under: Small Business, Veteran-Owned Small Business, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, Small-Disadvantaged Business, Woman- Owned Small Business, HUBZone Small Business, or 8(a) Business.
4. Indicate if your company is currently prohibited from doing business with the Federal Government. Yes/No. (If yes, please explain).
5. Provide a letter from the surety regarding the bonding capability for a single contract action and aggregate of the interested small business prime contractors.
6. Provide at least two (2), but no more than five (5) examples of a completed project similar to requirements described above within the past seven (7) years. Include point of contact information for the examples provided, as past performance on indicated projects may be verified. Contractors with unsatisfactory past performance may not be considered capable of successfully performing this type of work.
7. Responders should have experience in the areas listed below and provide narratives identifying that specific experience:
a. Successful experience with industrial type renovation construction.
b. Experience in the design and installation of thermal continuous flow EDS and process control systems (N+1 redundancy) with daily effluent rate of at least 50,000 gallons/day, and contaminated effluent storage tanks with capacity of at least 60,000 gallons.
c. Successful experience with the construction submittal and design review process.
d. Experience with Design and Construction for Modifications of Existing Building Structural and Foundation features. Interior modifications may include design and construction of bio-containment zone(s) around system equipment.
e. Demonstrate experience with design, renovation to create points of egress and for equipment installation/replacement within an existing structure.
8. Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and application of compliance with design codes, to include but not limited to Center for Disease Control's (CDC) Biosafety in Microbiological Laboratories (BMBL) standard, 5th ed. 2007; and the DoD 6055-18-M Safety Standards for Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories, 2010.
9. Mechanical Renovation. (1) Demonstrate experience with repair and replacement of stainless steel piping and capabilities with specialized welding techniques. (2) Demonstrate experience with steam and condensate system design and installation and tie-in to existing system. (3) Demonstrate experience with HVAC and controls system design and installation for bio-containment zone. (4) Demonstrate experience with testing and commissioning of EDS, process control systems, biocontainment HVAC and control systems, and steam and condensate systems.
10. Electrical Renovation. Demonstrate experience with design, installation, renovation and/or replacement of electrical control systems and power distribution to equipment and to redundant components.
11. Describe the parties involved and the contractual teaming relationships for the projects submitted above.
12. Please explain the extent that EDS vendors have capability to oversee the installation of EDS to include related construction (e.g., structural modifications, utility connections, and commissioning).
13. Please explain the risk, if any, to the Government or Contractor, associated with looking at the Designer of Record for the evaluation criteria in Phase I, that will be used in a Best-Value Trade-Off procurement.
Comments will be shared with the Government and the project design team, but otherwise well be held in strict confidence.
THIS NOTICE IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL. It is a market research tool being utilized to determine the availability of potential qualified contractors before determining the method of acquisition. In addition, this source sought is not to be considered as a commitment by the Government, nor will the Government pay for any information solicited or delivered.
Interested parties who consider themselves qualified to perform the above-listed requirement are invited to submit a response to this sources sought notice no later than 10 December 2019 by Noon (EST). All responses under this Sources Sought Notice must be emailed to Tamara Bonomolo, Contract Specialist - firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the source sought notice number PANNAD-20-P-0000 000777.
Telephone inquiries will not be accepted or acknowledged, and no feedback or evaluations will be provided to companies regarding their submissions. If you have any questions concerning this opportunity please contact: Tamara Bonomolo via email - email@example.com.
Please note that vendors not registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) database prior to award of contracts will not be eligible for an award. Vendors must all be registered in SAM under the applicable NAICS code 236210 as indicated in the advertised RFP to be considered for award. Vendors may register for SAM online at www.sam.gov or by calling 1.866.606.8220
- BALTIMORE , MD 21201
- Tamara Bonomolo
- Phone Number 4109620788
- Dec 02, 2019 01:45 pm ESTSources Sought (Updated)
- Dec 02, 2019 01:41 pm EST Sources Sought (Updated)
- Nov 04, 2019 03:07 pm EST Sources Sought (Original)
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.