Laser diode system
|Agency:||Department of Commerce|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Dec 6, 2018|
|Due Date:||Dec 17, 2018|
Dec 06, 20189:42 am
Procurement of a laser diode system
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in FAR Subpart 12.6 - Streamlined Procedures for Evaluation and Solicitation for Commercial Items, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotations are being requested, and a separate written solicitation document will not be issued. This solicitation is being issued under the authority of FAR Part 13 Simplified Acquisition Procedures.
This solicitation is a Request for Quotations (RFQ). The solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) 2005-101 effective 09/26/2018.
The associated North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code for this procurement is 334516 with a small business size standard of 1000 Employees. This acquisition is being procured as a 100% small business set aside.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology's Security Technologies Group (STG) of the Material Measurement Lab develops metrology to support the needs of the emergency response, law enforcement, and corrections communities. The STG requires a laser-diode system that will support the establishment of a method for calibrating the output of electroshock weapon measurement systems. The laser-diode system will be used for electrooptic or photoconductive sampling of a propagating electrical sinusoidal signal. The sampling process will provide a direct measure of the phase of the propagating sinusoidal signal and further the NIST mission.
Responsible quoters shall provide pricing for the following Line Item:
Line Item 0001: One (1) Laser diode system in accordance with all the minimum requirements within the attached Requirements document.
Delivery shall be within 90 days of the date of award.
The items shall be shipped F.O.B. Destination to:
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF STANDARDS AND TECHNOLOGY
100 Bureau Drive
Gaithersburg MD 20899-0001
FOB DESTINATION MEANS: The contractor shall pack and mark the shipment in conformance with carrier requirements, deliver the shipment in good order and condition to the point of delivery specified in the purchase order, be responsible for loss of and/or damage to the goods occurring before receipt and acceptance of the shipment by the consignee at the delivery point specified in the purchase order; and pay all charges to the specified point of delivery.
EVALUATION CRITERIA AND BASIS FOR AWARD
The Government intends to award a purchase order resulting from this solicitation to the responsible quoter whose quotation, conforming to the solicitation, is the lowest price, technically acceptable quotation.
Technically acceptable means that the Contractor provides a system that meets or exceeds the minimum specifications in the requirements document.
Price will be evaluated for all quoters whose quotations are determined technically acceptable. Price will be evaluated to determine that total price is consistent with the technical portion of the quotation and is a fair and reasonable overall price to the Government.
All Contractors shall submit the following:
1. For the purpose of evaluation of Technical Acceptability:
Quoters shall provide documentation that demonstrates the quoted instrument's ability to meet or exceed the minimum specifications in accordance with the requirements document.
For the purpose of Price:
Quoters shall provide firm-fixed price quotations for Line Item 0001.
2. Quoters shall include a completed copy of all required solicitation provisions contained in the attached Applicable Provisions/Clauses document (required provisions are highlighted)
3. Any award resulting from this solicitation will contain the following statement: "The Government's terms and conditions, identified herein, shall be the prevailing terms and conditions governing this award. In the event of a conflict between the Government's and contractor's terms and conditions, the Government's terms and conditions take precedence." If the Contractor objects to any of the terms and conditions contained in this solicitation, the contractor shall state "The terms and conditions in the solicitation are acceptable to be included in the award document with the exception, deletion, or addition of the following:" [Contractor shall list exception(s) and rationale for the exception(s)]. It is the sole responsibility of the Contractor to identify in their quote any exceptions to the terms and conditions of the solicitation. If the contractor does not include such a statement, the submission of a quotation in response to this solicitation will be regarded as the Contractor's acceptance of the Government's terms and conditions for inclusion into the resultant purchase order as prevailing.
4. Quoters shall provide an active DUNS # for the System for Award Management (SAM) registration. Quoters must have an active registration at www.SAM.Gov to be considered for award.
Please note that this procurement IS NOT being conducted under the GSA Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) program or another Government-Wide Area Contract (GWAC). If a contractor submits a quotation based upon an FSS or GWAC contract, the Government will accept the quoted price. However, the terms and conditions stated herein will be included in any resultant Purchase Order, not the terms and conditions of the contractor's FSS or GWAC contract, and the statement required above shall be included in the quotation;
PROVISIONS AND CLAUSES:
The clauses and provisions applicable to this solicitation can be found under Applicable Clauses & Provisions. The full text of a FAR provision or clause may be accessed electronically at https://farsite.hill.af.mil or www.acquisition.gov/far. The full text of a CAR provision or clause may be accessed electronically at https://farsite.hill.af.mil or http://www.osec.doc.gov/oam/acquistion_management/policy/.
The following attachments apply to this solicitation:
1. The Requirements Document
2. Applicable Clauses & Provisions
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20899-1410
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.